Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Ropemaker, and Dragon Spear

Instead of showing the covers of both books I'm reviewing, I'm only showing the cover for Dragon Spear, because it's easier than trying to put two pictures side by side, and because it's pretty.
Dragon Spear is the third and final book in the series, and concludes Creel's adventures. All seems peaceful for the dragons in their new home when Creel visits them. But all too quickly that peace is shattered when Velika, queen of the dragons, is kidnapped. This book was just as wonderful as the first two, with the same quickness of plot and interesting characters. The plot was wrapped up very well, with no real loose ends. But it didn't seem like a contrived ending; it just made sense. I really liked this book and I recommend it to anyone who likes a good story. 5 stars.

And, The Ropemaker. I also liked this book. I'm kind of bad for judging books by their cover, which I know traditionally you aren't supposed to do. So at first I was a little apprehensive about this book because the cover looked kind of dumb. But I read it anyway, and I really enjoyed it. I actually stayed up until 7:30 in the morning the other day reading it. It has an interesting plot, although some of the characters felt a little flat to me. Overall it was a good book despite that, and I'd also recommend it. I give it 3.5 stars, because I liked it, but I didn't love it.

In a couple of days I'll post my review of Fragile Eternity, which I waited a long time to finally read!

No comments: