Monday, August 3, 2009

Children of the Serpent Gate

So with this book, Sarah Ash ends her trilogy. This book developed ideas that were only starting to emerge in the previous book, until they took over the plot. In some ways I liked the takeover, but it got a bit tiresome sometimes. There were so many subplots in this book. Things happened, but some never were concluded, which annoyed me. A major problem was ignored at the end, reduced to, "oh I'll figure it out later." Lame, Sarah Ash. Lame. I think the exact wording was, "she would find a way; she was sure of it," which is kind of dumb, in my opinion. Except for that one thing, most of the loose ends were tied up well. But that thing bugged me. A lot. Why put in a major plot twist, and then leave it hanging? It seemed almost as if she couldn't think of how it would be resolved. But I liked the sense of myth that came into the story, and cultural beliefs. That was cool. So overall, I enjoyed this series. Nice writing style, full characters, and an interesting plot. 4 stars, I'd say.

No comments: