Sunday, August 9, 2009

Cybele's Secret

I absolutely loved this book! It's the sequel to Wildwood Dancing, which is a retelling of the Twelve Dancing Princesses fairytale. It had everything a good story needs: mystery, adventure, romance, and good heart. I also liked the love triangle, and I usually don't. The pace was good, and the story was exciting. I liked that I wasn't able to predict farther than the middle of the story. I liked the characters, especially Duarte. He was an interesting one; not quite who you think he is. Some things I found a bit predictable, but I didn't mind.
In this book we find that first impressions aren't always as they seem. This was a wonderful sequel to the first book. I think I even liked it better, and I loved Wildwood Dancing. 5 stars! Highly recommended.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Juliet Marillier's work! I haven't read this one yet, so I'll have to get my hands on it at once!

--Sharry

Charlotte said...

I loved this one too!