Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Forest Born

So Forest Born is now out, as of yesterday. I was so excited to go buy it, so I went to the nearest Chapters bookstore. And they didn't have it. They had a full table of Twilight-themed stuff, including t-shirts, but they did not have Shannon Hale's latest book! I think something is wrong about that. And I searched their computer, and the other outlet of the bookstore doesn't have it either! I was shocked, and dismayed. Why didn't they have it? I have no idea. it doesn't make sense. Whenever a new book like that is released, they always have it. Not this time. The only book by Shannon that they had was Enna Burning. I think I'll keep on checking their website to see when they get it. Hopefully before I leave. What do you make of this?

5 comments:

anilee said...

amazon.ca doesn't have it in stock...I wonder if part of it has to do with the book not being released in the US for another nineteen days...

Also, how popular is Shannon in Canada? If her books don't really sell well at that store, they might not stock her books.

clairedelune said...

I'm not sure how popular she is. But I know the library has all of her books, and usually gets them as soon as she releases them. I just expected the store to have it. It was strange. The website has it in stock; it just isn't at the store where I live.

anilee said...

Well, the store might not have gotten it out yet. Did you ask?

clairedelune said...

No, but on the website it said it was released and they had the book in stock, just not the store in my city. Oh well. I'll just wait I guess.

anilee said...

Ah. Sometimes the internet lies.