Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fragile Eternity

This book didn't take me very long to read, but for most of it I didn't seem to be enjoying the story. I'm not sure why; I liked Wicked Lovely. What i didn't like about this book was the feeling and pace of the first half. It felt sort of like reading Twilight, where the plot went nowhere and characters agonized over their problems. This is what happened with Fragile Eternity.
I understand why Seth was so concerned over the differences between him and Aislinn. But that didn't mean the first half of the book had to be entirely about that, because it really felt like that. Reading this book, I thought, 'haven't I read that somewhere?' and I had, in Twilight. That same feeling of "I want to be what you are but you don't want me to be" was there. I didn't like it. It's not particularily interesting. But after a while, the pace picked up, and I liked it much better. I didn't know there were more books though. i thought this was the last one. But the book got closer and closer to the end, and I thought, ' isn't she going to finish it?' and I got to the end... and realized there was more. I went to her website, and found that there are two more. What? That surprised me. Hopefully her next book I'll enjoy more. I like her writing style, and the characters, but this one book for me wasn't as good as the first. So, 3 stars, because I like it at the end but did not love it.

P.S. I'm reading a very interesting book right now. It's called How to Read Literature Like a Professor. I recommend it to anyone who is interested in reading literature, or studying it.
...And, Catching Fire is out today! I'll try to buy it in the next couple days, but I'm moving so I'm not sure if I'll end up doing that. But I'd love to have that to read on the ferry!

No comments: