Saturday, September 19, 2009

Excited

My first full week of classes has ended, and brought a lot of reading with it. I'm supposed to start reading a new book for english, called The Cellist of Sarajevo, and it sounds so good! I read chapter one today, and I think I'll be reading this one pretty quickly. But you know, I'm starting to miss my constant reading. I don't have much time for it, and i don't have anything to read. At least right now I have the novel for english, but after that I will have a problem. Any recommendations for me to read?
Oh, and a note to self: why didn't I take calculus in high school? I don't understand it at all!
I'm determined to make the most out of this year, and experience new things. Problem is, i'm so shy! I guess that's just something I'll have to overcome this year.
And guess what! The newest Disney movie, The Princess and the Frog, is coming to theatres in November! I'm so excited for this movie, mostly because it'll be like the old Disney classics. Well, homework beckons.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm reading the Demon's Lexicon right now (in between my own Eng Lit reads) and it's so entertaining. I'm not a dedicated fan, but if you've seen Supernatural, it's sort of like that, but more personal (it is a book, after all).

Here's the two first lines:
"The pipe under the sink was leaking again. It wouldn't have been so bad, except that Nick kept his favorite sword under the sink"

I love that! The contrast of it. The books really humorous and touching and just.. plain good right now.

--Sharry

Anonymous said...

Ugh... sorry for the terrible grammar of the above comment (I hate bad grammar). I was too excited about telling someone else about this book!

clairedelune said...

haha that is an awesome first line. Maybe I'll stop by the library this week and pick it up.