Saturday, April 30, 2011

Two Moon Princess by Carmen Ferreiro-Esteban


This book surprised me. I felt it had a slow start, and it took me a while to get into it, but once the real story started, I really enjoyed it. This book didn't turn out anything like what I expected, and I really enjoyed that. I figured that it would be all about her time in California and less about her own world, but I was pleasantly surprised. I was a little bit confused about the time differences between the two worlds though. Andrea started the book at around 14 years old, but when she was in California, the equivalent age was 17. I was a bit confused because I figured her immaturity came from her young age, being 14, but that might not be the case. Nonetheless I found her character to be the most believable in the book. I really enjoyed the whole second half of this book. The author's writing is quite good, but I felt the dialogue was a bit awkward at times, simply because the characters occasionally used a word or phrase that didn't really fit with the medieval setting, but I was able to ignore that and focus on the story, which was intriguing. I felt that the language problems were brushed over a bit too easily as well, but I was also able to ignore that. I'd definitely recommend this to teens who enjoy an interesting book. 3 stars.

No comments: