Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Pegasus by Robin McKinley

Goodreads summary
As some of my past reviews have shown, I've loved some of McKinley's books, but disliked others. However, I really loved this book. Her description is just beautiful, and rather than making me lost, it brought me deeper into the world she's created here. She's really thought out the concept of pegasi, and her descriptions of their world make sense. I love the contribution she's made to pegasus mythology here. Although I got annoyed with the character a few times, her actions made sense. The writing of this book is really good, and I loved the story, however when I finished this book I found it was one of two books. McKinley normally doesn't write sequels, but this book will have a sequel sometime in the future. The downside to this was the point in which McKinley decided to end this book. I felt that it ended midscene, which created a really jarring effect when I was done. I think I would have enjoyed it a lot better if she had ended the book at a different point. It didn't make sense to me where it ended, and that was a disappointment to me. However, I really enjoyed the book, and I would recommend reading it if you can stand waiting for the sequel. Or better yet, wait until the sequel is out and then read both. I'm excited to see where she goes with the story, and I'll definitely be reading the sequel with it comes out. Overall, a rating of 4 stars, because of the ending.

2 comments:

anilee said...

I love when old internet friends return from the dead (ie, real life).

clairedelune said...

haha yes, totally. I've been away for a while because of school, but I'm trying to start balancing blogging and real life.