Thursday, December 17, 2009

An actual new book review


Yay, I started reading again! I went home for Christmas a few days ago, and it's great. So of course I had to take a trip to the library in between frantic shopping and baking of cookies. And I picked up Alex Finn's new book A Kiss in Time. Her last book was Beastly, which I also reviewed. Oh, and look! It was my first book reviewed too. I think that was quite a while ago, maybe two years? Anyway, about the new book:
Although I didn't like the title of the book because it made it look like one of my mother's romance novels, I did like the story. Alex Finn has again chose to base her story off of a fairy tale, and this time it's Sleeping Beauty. I really enjoyed this book. At first I thought the boy in it would be like in Beastly: a jerk turned into a good guy. But Jack was already a nice guy. The story line was interesting, and I liked that there were actual underlying reasons for the "bad" character's actions. All in all, a quite entertaining read. If you liked Beastly, you'll like this. 4 stars.
I'll be back for a few more books this winter break.

No comments: