Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Princess and the Snowbird-Mette Ivie Harrison


So this book was a bit of a lucky find. I happened to chance upon it when I was browsing the library. I had heard about it, but I hadn't known our library had it, so I was very pleased. I saw some reviews for it on Goodreads, and what really puzzles me is that there are so many negative reviews! I don't really understand why people didn't like it, but I guess people are just different in their tastes. As for me, I loved this book. It read like a dream, had no lulls, and was very engaging. I really liked both the main characters, and I really enjoyed reading it. I've read both the two books before this one, and I found myself liking it as much or even more than the previous book. Harrison's writing style is marvellous. The book feels a bit like a fairy tale, only with more substance. I really got into the book. There were definitely a few parts where I was so engrossed, that some of the more dangerous scenes for the characters had me very anxious for them! All in all, I thought this book was great, and it comes highly recommended, especially if you read the previous two books and enjoyed them. 4 stars

No comments: