Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Maze Runner

Just look at that cover. Looks creepy, right? Well, it is.
This book is full of mystery and suspense. Almost every chapter ended with a cliffhanger! So it didn't take me very long to read it.
Here's the summary.
You'll notice it says this book is part of a trilogy. What? I didn't realize that until I finished and it said "End of Book One". I really enjoyed this book, and I'm looking forward to learning more about this crazy horrible world they live in. But I also think this book can be a stand alone. I didn't think it needed another one, until I hit the epilogue, which throws something new at you. I thought this book was original, and creepy in a Lord of the Flies kind of way. It was perfect for a late birthday present to myself. (hehe) It was incredibly gripping, and interesting, and therefore deserves 4 stars. You go James Dashner!

Hmm. You may notice in the next week or so a certain lack of posts. I'm sorry! I already don't post that often, but I have a midterm and 3 term papers to write. I'll tell you all about it when I'm done.
Oh and something cool is you like musicals: my residence does a musical every year, and I'm going to audition this year. And a possible musical is Beauty and the Beast! I want to be Belle so bad. I am her, in almost every way. I really hope I get the part if we do it. I'll keep you guys updated on that as well.
Cheers,
Clairedelune

No comments: